Announcement : 

Newsletter Wednesday 06th September 2023

Ngaere School
School Newsletter
Living & Learning with RESPECT

Term 3  Week 8 – Wednesday 06th September 2023

Welcome – Nau mai haere mai

Room 5 were surprised by a visit from Ken & Anna from More FM Taranaki 93.2 on Tuesday morning. Thank you to the lovely person who nominated the class for a box of Spudz apples which Ken & Anna delivered. While they were in class, they were treated to a rendition of our school waiata which was recorded. This was played on Wed morning radio and can also be heard via the rova app – (Choose More FM > select region: Taranaki)

ASSEMBLY AT 9AM THIS FRIDAY

Taranaki Bulls Rugby Fixture

We still have GA tickets available for the game this Sunday vs Tasman.

Gates open at 12.30pm with kickoff at 2.05pm.

Give Karen in the office a call if you would like some tickets to the game.

MCLEOD SHIELD FINAL

To be held here at Ngaere School Friday 08th September

Kick off at 1pm against Kaimata School

All welcome

Lambs for Pet Day: If anyone would like a lamb to rear and share at Pet Day please get in touch with Simon, 0274105557. Lambs are available to rear and return (free) or buy ($50).

Enviro Report By Sam Rowan and Angus O’Sullivan

Earthworms

Earthworms are so important for healthy soil. Earthworm tunnels bring in oxygen, drain water and create space for plant roots.

Did you know that earthworms only like food that was once alive and now dead? Like dead hair, dead insects, dead plants and much, much more.

Earthworms only like to live in dark and damp places. We got to make a worm farm to see how the earthworms move around and eat. We made it out of a 3 litre juice bottle. We created layers for the earthworm’s and made sure the soil was moist and dark. We put our mini worm farm in a black cotton bag.

After we made the worm farm we planted some plants in pots. Firstly we put some rich (filled with microbes) soil in a pot and then we put some seeds in it like kale and cauliflower. Sue gave us a rainbow mix of seeds to plant which are going to give us vegetables from the colours of the Rainbow.

PTA Meeting : Monday 11th at 7pm. All welcome.

PEPPER & ME

Thank you to everyone who supported this fundraiser.  $165.74 was made which will go towards camp.

SCHOOL PHOTOS

You should have received your code for your school photos. 

If you haven’t received one, please contact Karen in the office as she has the master list of codes.

DISCO

A huge thank you to the seniors, teachers and anyone else who helped out with the organising and running of the disco on Friday night.  It was a huge success and fun was had by all who attended.

Oscar from Room 2 – “I liked dressing up as a Police Officer and running around arresting people and I liked the chocolate bars.  I ate one.”

Leo from Room 3 – “I drunk L&P and brought 2 bags of lollies and a chocolate bar.  I wore neon orange shorts.  I had heaps of fun dancing with my friends.”

Parker from Room 3 – “I drunk a coke cola and I brought a zombie watch and a packet of M&M’s.  I wore my motocross shirt which was bright neon yellow and orange.”

Emelia Room 4 – “I liked to see all of the bright colours and I liked all of the food to”.

Isla Room 4 – “My favourite part was when I got to dance with my friends on stage.  I liked all of the sweets to.”

What’s On..

• Friday 08th September – Mcleod Shield game against Kiamata 1pm Kick off at Ngaere School.
  • Friday 08th September – Last day for Lucky Bookclub
  • Friday 08th September – Junk Food Raffle Drawn
  • Sunday 10th September – Taranaki Bulls vs Tasman rugby match (Tickets still available)
  • Monday 11th September – PTA Meeting 7pm staffroom
  • Wednesday 20th September – Taranaki Schools Cross Country Champs in Hawera
  • Friday 22nd September – Last day term 3
  • Monday 9th October – Term 4 begins
  • Wednesday 11th October – PET DAY
  • Wednesday 1st November – Rural Cluster Athletics (Toko) Yr 5-8
  • Thursday 16th November – Rural Cluster Tabloids (Midhirst) Yr 1-4
  • Monday 20th November – Teacher Only Day (MoE Directed) – 
  • Tuesday 21st- Friday 24th November – Yr 7 & 8 Camp to Wellington
  • Wed 29 Nov  – Fri 01 Dec – Yr 5-6 Camp Konini Lodge 
  • Thursday 14th December – End of Year prize Giving
  • Friday 15th December – Last day Term 4

(Please note this may not be a complete list and some dates may change)

COMMUNITY NOTICES

Copyright © Ngaere School 2023
Click here to unsubscribe.
Powered by KiwiSchools 4.0