We welcome enquiries about enrolling children at Ngaere School.
Should you require any information regarding enrolling your child or you would like to visit please phone the office 06 7648643 to make an appointment.
Enrolling your child
At Ngaere School we aim to do our best to ensure a smooth start for all our new students.
The following documentation is required by the school prior to any child starting:
- immunisation certificate
- birth certificate or passport
- proof of address (for in zone enrollments)
- completed enrollment form (available from the office)
Information for new entrant families
To help with the smooth transition to school, for new entrant children, please visit the school at least 1 month before your child’s 5th birthday to complete the enrolment details.
The new entrant teacher will arrange pre school visits for you and your child at a mutually agreed time. Both you and your child will be able to:
- see the room where your child will be starting school
- meet the teacher
- meet the other students in the class
- find out where the toilets are
- be introduced to some of the routines of the classroom programme
- become familiar with the school day
School visits are usually for a morning. Your child may come in school uniform or mufti. Parents are welcome to stay for the pre school visits but if your child is settled then you are equally welcome to leave them for the duration of the visit.
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at our school.
Ngaere School Enrolment Scheme Map and description
Both sides of each road are included in the zone.
- The zone begins at the intersection of SH3 and Bird Road, including 1 Brookes Road.
- The zone travels east on Bird Road until the intersection of Bird Road and Waihapa Road.
- At the intersection of Bird Road and Waihapa Road the zone turns left on Waihapa Road and proceeds along Waihapa Road until the end and then returns to the intersection of Waihapa Road and Bird Road.
- It then proceeds through the intersection following Waihapa Road south until the intersection of Wingrove Road.
- The zone turns left on Wingrove Road travelling east until the intersection of Marurau Road. Road. 923 Wingrove Road is in zone.
- The zone then proceeds in a straight line east to the intersection of Cheal Road and Oru Road. 25 Oru Road is in zone.
- From the intersection of Oru and Cheal Road, the zone follows Cheal Road to the west up to its intersection with SH3/Mountain Road.
- At the intersection of Cheal Road and SH3/Mountain Road the zone turns left and heads south on SH3/Mountain Road until its intersection with Cornwell Road. The zone includes 4490 SH3/Mountain Road which has a boundary on Cornwell Road.
- The zone travels westerly on Cornwell Road to Waingongoro River.
- The zone proceeds over land across the Waingongoro River until Cornwell Road restarts.
- Proceeding along Cornwell Road until the intersection of Upper Stuart Road, the zone includes 226 Upper Stuart Road which has a boundary on Cornwell Road.
- At the intersection of Cornwell Road and Upper Stuart Road the zone turns right and heads northerly on Upper Stuart Road and includes 231 Upper Stuart Road.
- At the intersection of Upper Stuart Road and Finnerty Road the zone turns left following Finnerty Road towards the west until the intersection of Finnerty Road and Hastings Road and returns back along Finnerty Road until the Waingongoro River. 1638 Hastings Road is in zone.
- The zone then proceeds in a straight line to the intersection of Climie Road and Brookes Road. 318 Climie Road is in zone.
- The zone travels east on Climie Road until the intersection of SH3/Mountain Road.
- At the intersection of SH3/Mountain Road turn left onto SH3/Mountain Road heading north.
- The zone loop concludes at the intersection of SH3/Mountain Road and Bird Road and includes 1 Bookes Road.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Towards the end of Term 3 the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places available, for the following year, for the enrolment of students who live outside our home zone. The board will publish this information in the Stratford Press. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which applications must be received.
Applications for out of zone enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority (as determined by Ministry of Education guidelines):
- This priority is not applicable as this school does not run a special programme
- Siblings of current students
- Siblings of former students
- Child of a former student
- Child of board employees or of a board member
- All other applicants
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority group than there are places available, then a ballot will be conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary of Education under Schedule 20, Clause 3 of the Education and Training Act 2020.
Please contact the office with any queries.