We are currently a Bronze Enviorschool. Room 1 takes responsibility for feeding the chooks every day.
The Enviroschools kaupapa is about creating a healthy, peaceful, sustainable world through learning and taking action together.
This kaupapa guides what we do at Ngaere School and is embodied in five guiding principles that underpin the whole Enviroschools journey:
- Empowered Students are enabled to participate in meaningful ways in the life of their school. Their unique perspectives are valued for the knowledge and insight that they bring, and they are supported to take action for real change.
- Learning for Sustainability recognises the types of teaching and learning that use connecting experiences to develop holistic and ecological perspectives, foster student enquiry, decision-making, action, and reflection, and create sustainable outcomes.
- Māori Perspectives honours the status of tangata whenua in this land and the value of indigenous knowledge and wisdoms in enriching and guiding learning and action.
- Respect for the Diversity of People and Cultures acknowledges the unique gifts, contributions and perspectives of individuals and groups, reinforcing the value of participatory decision-making and collaborative action.
- Sustainable Communities act in ways that nurture people and nature, now and in the future, to maintain the health and viability of our environment, society, culture and economy.